Day - 1791

Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Met with Stella at Fidelity to go over my portfolio.  I've made progress in juggling my assets, but still have a ways to go to properly allocate funds into various areas, namely bonds (18-20%) and sectors beyond tech.  Hard to change much during earnings season, however, with tech rallying and Boeing up 5% after a killer earnings report.  And with Fed Chair Powell announcing no rate increases in the short term, I can see another acceleration forming with my holdings.  Facebook reports tonight.  I'm curious to hear what the numbers are. 

Stella was obligated to suggest I have my account managed by a team of Fidelity experts for the not-so-low prices of 1.12% per annual.  That transalates to about $4,400 per year.  Ah, no thank you, I'll manage the funds myself, thank you.  But for folks who don't like paying attention to the financial world, it might behoove them to hand over their retirement reigns to someone else.

OCO rehearsal was tonight.  I know all the music, so now it's just keeping the notes fresh in my fingers.  So much fun.  Love Harlem Symphony and Coleridge-Taylor's Ballade. 


No comments:

Post a Comment