Day 1931

Friday, April 27, 2018

We celebrated a week of staff appreciation this week at HB.  Good times.  I definitely feel appreciated.  I had coffee with a young attorney, 26, who has $200k in debt and feels she cannot speak up about abusive behavior with partners for fear of having her career railroaded.  With $200k in debt, she is locked into a career sentence.  She has no choice but to do what she is told to do without complaint.  The entire industry is set up for abuse.  What a world we live in.

It's bothersome that so many 20- and 30-somethings have so much student debt.  It's not right.  I don't know how anyone overcomes such a large debt, even if they're making six figures.  Reducing my debt has been tough, even though it' was at one point 25% of my annual salary.  Now it's 12%.  Still, it's hard to whittle things down.

Alice was in Moraga for an honors event that Austin participated in, so afterward we had sashimi and their delicious Y2K roll at Mijori.  So delicious as always.  We drove back to Sunset and I read the New York Times for an hour before bed.  I need to read more fiction, but man, it's tough for fiction to compete with front page news.

No comments:

Post a Comment