Day 1930

Thursday, April 26, 2018

It's funny how the day I sent in my 23andme DNA Ancestry and Health kit, news emerges that police used DNA databases to capture the Golden State Serial Killer.  I find this story fascinating.  The look on this psychopath's face as he's cuffed to a wheelchair and rolled into court says it all.  He can't believe he was caught, but he was, exclusively through science, through DNA profiling and connecting relatives already in the database.  It's transformative.  This will not be the last time it happens.  The detective who tried this deserves a Medal of Freedom.  I get the privacy issues involved and the concerns raised, but in this instance, I could care less about family or personal privacy.  When capturing serial killers, that trumps everything.  Of course, laws need to be followed and the proper warrants, etc. much be issued.  Capturing this sicko is a big deal.  I'm delighted.  This guy was particularly sadistic.  Scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment