Day 1570

Thursday, May 4, 2017

At work today, I had a 30-minute family session with Gwen and her family therapist Joe.  It was the first time in many weeks that we'd had any communication with each other.  It was an important session and helpful in understanding what Joe needed to keep my and Gwen's connection intact.  When Gwen becomes obsessed with Greg and starts going off about crazy delusional stories, she'll check out if she feels I don't believe her.  Joe wanted me to use more neutral language when Gwen is in a hyper-vigilant state.  I told him I could do it with stories that are in the 5-6 range, but not in the 9-10 range.  I told him I wasn't going to pretend a delusional story wasn't delusional.  Joe got it.  He's good at finding common ground, so the new method now is to end any calls we may have and pick up where we left off the next day.  Gwen and I talked later in the evening and had a really good conversation.  She's still doing her work and trying to get her act together.  It's hard for her though.  She'll always struggle.  She'll always be a special needs person. 

No comments:

Post a Comment