Day 1242

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

I woke up at 1:30 a.m. and couldn't fall back asleep, so I listened to Clinton's National Security speech that she gave last Friday in San Diego and Trump's response a few days later.  Clinton has found the right tone in her denunciation of Trump.  What she says is true about his utter lack of experience and understanding of the national stage.  Trump is all invective and personal attacks.  He hasn't yet learned the difference between the primary race and the general election.  He will.  He resonates with 30-something percent of the people.  Not enough.  I wonder who Clinton will choose as her running mate.  Seems to me there's an opening for her to go a little more left than she would like.  We'll see.  Once she takes office, I hope she doesn't feel the need to plan things safe anymore.  The truth is she's as strong as Trump's rhetoric, with all the knowledge and experience to back it up.  Trump voters, whether they know it or not, will be happy with Hillary.  She may be a grandmother, but she's no softy. 

I played racquetball from 5-7, then came home and started going all the pictures we took of our trip.  My energy left me around mid-afternoon, and by 6 I was worthless.  I didn't even unpack my bag.  I fell asleep around dinner time and stayed asleep until 2 a.m. the next morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment