Day 832

Saturday, April 25, 2015

I had the whole day to pack, organize, return emails, clear my desk, vacuum, clean, and rest.  I wish I had more days like these.  I went form 8 a.m. until about 10 p.m. with a few breaks in between.  I'm looking forward to two-plus weeks of travel and relaxation.

In the evening, I spent an hour or so on YouTube listening to a handful of violinists performing the first movement of Tchaikovsky's violin concerto.  I listened to Heifetz, Perlman, Oistrakh and Bell. They're all amazing, but Heifetz still stands out for me.  He is so clear and perfect, and so very fast.  It's a real marvel watching him play.  Maybe I'm still influenced by the documentary I saw a few days ago.  His intonation and technique are flawless.  He's as close to musical perfection as any musician who's ever lived.  Afterward, I watched a couple of Heifetz master classes.  Talk about intimidating.  Too bad we have no footage of Paganini.   

No comments:

Post a Comment