Day 812

Sunday, April 5, 2015

We hung out at Starbuck's and Arizmendi in the morning (7ish), then came home and hung out the rest of the day.  I plowed through my to-do list, including preparations for our trip to Northern Europe in 28 days.  Everything's in order and we should be all set by the time we leave. 

I started a novel Chris wanted to talk about this week.



I know I have a copy of Appointment in Samarra somewhere, but I couldn't find it, so I checked out a copy in the library.  I'm 60 pages in and so far so good.  A clear realist, very smooth. 

We watched another episode of Mr. Selfridge, but this season isn't playing well.  Too dark, too gloomy, too uninspired.  We also watched the series premier of Wolf Hall.

A bit confusing in the beginning with lots of historical explanations woven into the dialogue.  I think The Tutors had a better beginning, but I'll give this one another few episodes.  The setting is good and Mark Rylance as Thomas Cromwell is compelling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment