Day 825

Saturday, April 18, 2015

Up at 7, and spent the greater part of the day preparing for our trip.  I plowed through Rick Steve's Northern European Cruises book and learned a few tips that I wouldn't have caught on my own, like ordering a late-night sandwich on the cruise through room service, sticking the sandwich in the mini-fridge, and eating it for lunch the next day.  Smart. All the little details should be taken care of.  Getting to our hotel from the Copenhagen airport and getting to Bella Sky from our cruise ship upon our return is simple, now that I know what metro lines are open (M1 & M2) (M3 & M4) are coming soon.  Alice and I watched a Youtube of a train leaving Copenhagen Station bound for Elsingor, where we'll go Friday morning to visit Kronborg Castle.  We're only 11 days away and I'm getting excited for our adventure.  I want to hit the gym hard this week so I won't blow up too badly when I eat non-stop for 11 days (something I'm fully capable of doing). 

At 9:30, we went to Costco to get gas, a new kitchen sink faucet, lasagna, and a couple supplies for the trip.  We had pizza and a hot dog for lunch, then headed back home for the afternoon.  It's cold and gray outside, usual Sunset weather.  We watched Bill Maher later on, who had guest Judith Miller promoting her book, which I will no read.  She cannot admit how wrong and irresponsible she was with her tragically misguided reporting on all those so-called weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.  Pitiful.  After dinner, we watched a couple Layover episodes with Anthony Bourdain.  His style is infectious.

We went to bed around 11:45. 

No comments:

Post a Comment