Day 646

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

I was still pretty sore today.  I spoke with a couple of folks from Louisiana that were involved in Dorian's project back in 2010 and 2012.  I have a good handle on what occurred and why the project ultimately didn't go through.  The overall story is a lot more complicated than race and discrimination, though that certainly came into play.  Unfortunately, Dorian got caught in the middle of a nasty rivalry in which he ended up on the losing end of everything.  In piecing together his story, I can see how disappointing these last few years have been for African American entrepreneurs who believed certain doors would be open to them once Obama became president.  It hasn't been the case.  In fact, it seems some things have gotten much worse.

Went to Wendel in the afternoon and met Rossana for dinner at Shakewell in the evening.  I like what they did to the place inside.  Very hip and relaxed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment