Day 403

Thursday, February 20, 2014

So now I'm in the part of the novel where I'm piecing together all the various storylines and trying to come up with some coherent theme that connects everything together.  It seems as though the thematic glue in True Colors is deception.  These two kids try to uncover mysteries in a world that's largely deceptive and sometimes quite dangerous.  It's helpful to know that when working toward the completion of this draft.  It's coming along slowly, but every day I'm making progress.  Today, I continued work on Lani abduction and the middle scenes that have her inside a Chinese embassy.  I like some of the twists I came up with today that will play themselves out in the epilogue.  Jia Hui is a good character, and so is Mr. Must.  I like how his name sounds.

Meanwhile, everything else is on the back burner.  I can barely think about anything else right now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment