Day 345

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Alice and I got up at 4 and caught a taxi to the airport at 4:45.  Our flight was on time and uneventful.  We arrived in Phoenix around 10:20 or so, then went to the Rental Car facility and picked up our car at Hertz.  We drove 45 minutes to Chandler and arrived at mom's a little after noon.  Mom is amazing at putting together a house steeped in Christmas.  She, Jill and the kids were all there.  Seeing Alex and Hayden together reminds me of myself and Jill at their age.  Alex looks so much like Jill at 8 and Grandma Hagan when she was a young girl.  Hayden looks a lot like his dad and my dad when he was young.

A had a few gifts to wrap, so once that was taken care of I went out to the playground and played with Alex and Hayden for about an hour.  We ended up going to that park every day we were there.  The weather was perfect.  I had a great time playing with them.

We had clam chowder for dinner and the kids were in bed by 8.  It took me about two hours to place all the stickers on a fire engine transformer Jill got for Hayden.  Good thing I like doing projects like that.  It was such a relaxing, easy-going Christmas Eve.  We went to bed around 11 or so and woke up bright at early at 6 on Christmas Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment