Day - 556

Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Thom and I played an afternoon session at Resorts World. This room is usually very kind to me, but not today. I ran into some crazy hands. The most memorable was against a loose 2-5 player waiting for a seat. He limped in from the button and I looked down at AA from the big blind. I raised ten and he called. The flop was QQQ. I bet ten and he called. We both checked the turn and on the river I bet $60. He made it $200. He clearly had the other Q, but I had to see it, considering he was a splashy player. Sure enough, he flopped quad Qs against my AA. Ugh! Down $300 for the session.

It was Thom and Noelle's 25th wedding anniversary tonight, so we celebrated at an Italian restaurant in the Venetian.


After dinner, we played at the Venetian, where my luck turned for the better. I hit a high hand, quad jacks, that held for 30 minutes for +$400. Sweet! I also accumulated chips until 5 a.m., claiming a nice $1,200 session.  I'll take it!

No comments:

Post a Comment