Day - 1816

Saturday, January 5, 2019

We had our club doubles tourney this morning.  I was partnered with Glenn.  We lost our first three games, then won our final three games, going 3-3 but failing to make the playoffs.  At least we had fun.

Later in the afternoon, we had a small dedication ceremony at Rockwall Winery for Kent Rosenblum.  Dorian gathered funds for a plaque similar to the one we made for Cliff.  Unfortunately, Dorian forgot today was the dedication and headed over to Rockwall around the time I had to leave, so I missed the dedication.  At least I got to hang out at Rockwall for an hour or so.

I met Alice at my place and we headed to Star Pizza at 6:30 for Ari's birthday.  She's 28 today (wow, how did that happen?).  Ari & Conner, Lisa & Richard, Sophie, Miles, Rossana, Nassim, Ann, Carrie, Alice & I were present and accounted for.  We ate all the pizza we could eat, with salad and Alice and I got a Coke in bottles.  Yum!

I sat close to Alice, Conner and Rossana.  Lively, great conversation!  Conner and Ari has just come back from Maine and a string of performances with Dustbowl Revival.  Conner loves the life of a performer in a band, but does acknowledge the grind involved. When the members are in synch, it’s exhilarating, but after a year of doing it, it's sometimes tough to get motivated for each performance.

We had ice cream for dessert at the Youngs and hung out for the evening.  We watched The Abominable Dr. Phibbs, the campy Vincent Prince film, as a special bday treat for Ari.  Campy silly fun!


Seahawks lost to the Cowboys in the first round of the playoffs.  Sadness.  

No comments:

Post a Comment