Day 1715

Sunday, September 24, 2017


I slept well, a good seven hours.  We had breakfast early, then hung out in our hotel, packing up and getting ready to go to Heather and Rick's for brunch.  Mom was ready at 11, so I checked out of the Best Western and headed over to the North side of Calgary, about 20 minutes away.  There was so much food at the brunch and it was all delicious.  Carol, Heather's friend of many years, took care of the food.  It was a wonderful spread and of course I ate way too much.  I grazed all morning and afternoon.  Jackie opened presents and cards while a few of us hung out in the living room.  I was ready to take a nap by 2 p.m.  Instead, we gathered in the TV room and talked for three hours about everything and nothing.  It was a wonderful Sunday afternoon.  Rick prepared pulled pork sandwiches for us at 4 and Alice and I had one each, then split another.  By 5, we were ready to go to catch our flight home. 

We left Calgary at 7:45 p.m. and arrived in SFO at 10.  By 10:30, we were home in the Sunset.  It was a very enjoyable, relaxing wedding in which I didn't have to babysit anyone, nor did I have any obligations other than being a guest.  It was heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment