Day 537

Friday, July 4, 2014

I drove to Alice's at 8 a.m.  We had bagels with cream cheese for breakfast, then went downtown for the morning and afternoon.  I needed some new work clothes and found a nice pair of slacks and a comfortable shirt by Michael Kors at Nordstrom rack.  Alice bought a pair of grey Converse All-Stars sneakers at Nordstrom.  We had lunch at the Nordstrom cafe on the 4th floor, which was very nice.  We came home in the late afternoon and watched a couple of movies.


Well-acted, funny, and real.  I liked this film, though I cringed at where it was going, and when Julia LD is confronted with her self-imposed, totally unnecessary crisis, I was done with the film.  I stuck it out, but found the main character's dishonesty a little too heavy-handed for my taste.  Both James G. and Julia LD were strong and likable and the daughter subplot rang true.  The major storyline, however, felt problematic.

We also saw


Very good performances and a major bonus when Sam Seaborn arrived on screen!



No comments:

Post a Comment