Day 466

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Up at 5:10, hit the gym and practiced a few shots for an hour.  I'm still on the fence about the Stockton Pro/Am next weekend (May 1-4).  I could really use the weekend to finish up True Colors, but the tournament also includes state singles honors for the winners in each division.  I've always wanted to take the A singles championship, and now is as good a time as any to claim it.  I finished second one year and haven't played up to my potential since.  I'm fairly healthy with an arm that flairs up when I play too much.  Also, I love seeing the pros go at it, and this year one of the Stockton players might actually upset Rocky or Kane. This year's poster is awesome:


After the gym, I came home and wrote drafts of chapter 100 and the epilogue.  The final line of the book is kind of nice:  "To Lani and Lauren, and the future of our world."  If I can get 0.0001% of the population of China to read True Colors Detective Agency, that would make the novel very successful.  There are lots of things I like about True Colors, but I still have a ways to go before it's right.  It's 100 chapters long and around 62k words, which is 20k words longer than I imagined.  I've been at this book since September, but had two other books that I revised and a part-time job that's kept me very busy.  It will be such a relief to have this book behind me.  Nothing was easy about it and I'm still not sure if it works. 

No comments:

Post a Comment