Day 447

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Up at 5:30, a few chores and writing until 4 with an hour for lunch.  I spent most of the day on two chapters, 49 and 50.  All revisions.  I'm afraid it will be that way for most of the middle chapters.  The story is on paper, but the language is dull and repetitive.  As long as I keep things interesting I have a fighting chance with this story.

Spoke with Jill for an hour on Facetime, a sort of pep talk that was very helpful.  She's doing so well.  At 4, I drove to Alice's hitting thick traffic most of the way, which I'd expected.  We had homemade pot stickers for dinner and ice cream later, then watched the latest Real Time with Bill Maher.  A good episode, thanks to sane Alex Wagner arguing with passion her perspective while filling the holes (with reason) of her Republican counterparts on the panel whose arguments left me unimpressed and annoyed.  Thanks, Supreme Court, for keeping most of us out of the election process while the Sheldon Adelsons of the country get to dump endless amounts of money into a broken political system.  Best line of the night from Bill Maher:  "Even though Clarence Thomas says nothing on the bench, what I really want to say to him is 'shut up!'"  

No comments:

Post a Comment