Day 156

Wednesday, June 20, 2013

Woke up at 4:55, made it to the gym at 5:15 and played racquetball until 6:45.  Dorian's knees are still very sore, so we won't be playing together in the doubles tournament Saturday morning.  Instead, Tiger and I will be partners.  We should do well if I can find where I put my consistency.  Honestly, I've been all over the place on the court lately.  I'm going in tomorrow morning just to work on specific shots that I used put away all the time.

I worked on my Zombie Cookie synopsis this morning and prepared for my first FaceTime meeting with Chris at noon.  We spent 90 minutes discussing a collaborative novel we plan to write this summer.  Details to follow, but I have to say it's a very exciting and interesting project to work on.  The territory covers so many interesting opportunities to analyze and poke fun at our wildly bizarre entertainment culture.  We're using Dropbox for our files and it's really an awesome program.

After our meeting, I took a 10-minute nap that turned into a four-hour sleep.  I must have needed that because it's not like me to sleep from 1:30 to 5:30.  Now at 8 p.m. I'm wide awake and all set for a good three hours of work.

My Zombie Cookies synopsis is being composed.  Wow, do I hate writing synopses.  They're hard and clunky, but a necessary piece of paperwork that agents request.  I have 30 middle grade agents targeted for my first batch of queries.  My query pool is probably about 120 agents deep, so every query matters.  I have no idea what their response will be to Zombie Cookies.  I have one agent in mind who read Julia Milan two years ago.  She is who I want, but I know the odds are low that she'll feel the same way.

I'm printing out the latest draft of Zombie Cookies and collecting reactions/edits/suggestions from my readers as I make one grand pass at the manuscript before moving on to my collaboration with Chris and Introducing Girls, the book I began earlier in the year that put aside for Zombie Cookies.  After Introducing Girls, I'll write Austin15, a book I've been wanting to write for over a year now.

That four-hour nap really set me right.  I feel really clearheaded and focused right now, which is a very rare thing after 8 in the evening.  Usually, I can barely see straight in the evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment