Day 155

Tuesday, June 19, 2013

I woke up at 4:40 and hit the gym by 5.  I practiced for an hour, then came home and got to work.  I began work on my synopsis of Zombie Cookies.  Talk about painful.  The first few drafts of any synopsis I write is always horribly embarrassing.  It's a total confidence downer, not to mention necessary but maddening pain in the ass.  They're worse than writing term papers about a boring subject I could care less about, which in a way is surprising since a synopsis is nothing more than a short outline of a book I wrote.  I'm writing to figure out a way to have fun with this exercise, but so far I've come up empty.  I looked over my synopses for Martin Martinez and Julia Milan, remembering how much I hated writing them.  They're okay, but not great.  Sometimes all it takes is one inspiring line to get me going.  I haven't come up with that inspiring line yet.

I spent several hours returning emails today.  I've almost cleaned out my in box.  Almost.

Tonight, I went over to Richard and Lisa's for dinner and had a great fiddle lesson with Ari's boyfriend Connor, who's an amazing violinist.  He plays classical, bluegrass, jazz, pretty much everything.  He's technically incredible.  It was great hanging out with the Youngs last night.




No comments:

Post a Comment