Day 2

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Is it my imagination, or is the influence of Philip Glass now affecting TV commercials?  For years, he's become the default musical framer of emotionally intensity in films, and now the effect is working its way into product sales. Interesting.

Today I was a little all over the place but managed to bang out four pages of fiction and a few hours of rewrites.  I set up Pintrist today and will use it for organizing the visual look and detail of my characters.  That should be helpful.  There's a site I just discovered for TV research called TV Tango.  How did we live before the internet?

I'm breaking up my day into two parts:  8-12 and 2-6.  12-2 is reserved for Insanity workouts, shower, lunch and walking Sandy.  It's already 6:15 and that's quitting time on Tuesdays.

It's an overwhelming thing opening up all the memories of my childhood.  Some of those boxes have never been opened.  I took about 45 minutes of home movies to Costco last month and had them transfer the reels to DVD.  They turned out fine, but wow, what a chilling thing to see.  It brings back all the emotions of family life back in the 70s and 80s.  It was another lifetime ago, thank goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment