Day 11

Thursday, January 24, 2013

I started the day at 5 a.m. and will end the day at 10 p.m.  I went to the library later in the afternoon and checked out a bunch of books as I always do, one of which is Mortality by Christopher Hitchens.  I listened to most of his religious debates on YouTube last year.  I miss him.  I've never heard the argument for atheism presented as the preferable alternative to a dictatorial big brother who is so sadistic as to not even be through with you after death.  Very provocative and thoughtful man.

The other books I checked out were Nickel and Dimed by Barbara Ehrenreich, Just Grace, Star on Stage by Charise Mericle Harper, Bridge of Time by Lewis Buzbee, In the Garden of Beasts by Erik Larson, Drift by Rachel Maddow, Al Capone Does My Shirts, by Gennifer Choldenko, and The Wednesday Wars by Gary D. Schmidt.  That's a lot of brilliant writing in that library visit!

I'm reading through my November draft of Martin Martinez.  So far so good.


No comments:

Post a Comment