Day - 1867

Thursday, November 15, 2018

I lost to Carlos in the semis 5-15, 15-11, 9-11 in a close match, especially in the tie-breaker.  His serves were on and fast and he scored a few points on aces alone.  I had trouble controlling my returns.  We had some great rallies and I have to hand it to him...he played well.  He faced Steve Basham in the finals and almost beat him.  That match went to a tie-breaker as well. There was a key moment in game two in which Carlos was serving 13-14 and missed a shot that would have given him match point.  He never had that opporunity again.  Steve was fearless in the second game after losing the first game 12-15.  Steve has no repeated as champion, a nice accomplishment now that he's 50! 

I came home, had dinner, and went right to sleep.  Even though I'd only played one match, I was exhausted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment