Day - 1998

Saturday, July 7, 2018

The medicine went through me last night and I still wasn't feeling my best.  I took some coughing medicine and that helped a lot. 

We were up around 7.  I was packed and ready to go after showering.  We picked up Lyft around 9:35 and hung out at the International Airport for an extra hour, sipping tea and eating sandwiches Alice picked up at the Chinese bakery on Irving St. 

Our flight left at 12:20 and we arrived in Calgary around 4.  I watched The Post during the flight and we really impressed with it.  I'd missed seeing the film during awards season, but found it gripping and timely.  Meryl Streep and Tom Hanks are icons for a reason.  They're always so good. 

The rental car spot in Calgary is about 12-15 doors away from the international gates, so we had a good 14-minute walk to Avis.  We got a upgraded new SUV, nice!

We were at Heather and Rick's by 5:30.  Dinner was lasagna with Jackie, Tavin, and Connie.  It was so nice arriving and being with Heather's family again! 

We played Winning Ticket in the evening.  I loved this game as a kid, but since it's all about luck, I find it a little boring as an adult.  The game went on too long, and in the end Jackie won the big lottery and the game.  I didn't win a single lottery and ended up fourth or fifth.  Heather was ahead the entire game, but was denied the final lottery, so she came in second.  We went to bed around 11:30.  Alice went to be earlier.  Tomorrow's the BBQ at Karen's house.  Big day!

No comments:

Post a Comment