Day - 1986

Thursday, July 19, 2018

I started my seating chart process for the cruise.  I have 96 guests and need to place folks in tables of 8, 6 and 4.  Some of the seatings are easy, others not so much.  This will be for Saturday, Sunday and Monday dinner.  I'm dividing everyone into six groups of 18 and using playing cards and Avery labels to help visualize the assignments.  We'll see how it goes. 

Rather than listen to another Bruckner symphony, I felt the need to listen to one of my absolute favorite symphonies of all time, Dvorak's Symphony No. 7.  I never get tired of this symphony.  Maybe critics consider it his best.  I consider the 7th his best.  It's magnificent.  So many wonderful passages and melodies. 

It was a busy night after work.  I came home, grabbed my racquetball gear, played in our hit and switch league until 8:30, then headed over to Mark's for a few hours of cards.  I had some good hands and there was a lot of action all night.  I ended up on the losing side of things with some unfortunate situations that came up and draws that didn't go my way.  Maybe next month!  I didn't get home until 12:45.  Tomorrow's going to be tough going from lack of sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment