Day 1735

Friday, October 13, 2017

Went into work early this morning and then met with Alice and Dr. Chan at 10:45.  Dr. Chan gave Alice a complete exam and took an X-Ray to see how her hip has improved.  Her x-ray looked very good, so there was nothing to really explain why she continues to experience so much pain.  He'll write a detailed note that will override the checked box he marked last month, which will greatly help in our appeal to Alice's long term disability insurance.  I anticipate she'll be on long term disability most if not all of next year.  She's in all likelihood looking at a hip replacement.  According to nearly everyone I've talked to, these procedures are very routine these days.  Alice has a lot of anxiety about the procedure, but I think it will dramatically improve her life. 



Went to dinner with Lillian and Murry at Mona Lisa after work and that was great fun.  It's wonderful hanging out on Columbus St.  I don't do that as much as I should.  Murry had some choice Wendel stories to share that kept Lillian and me laughing nonstop.  Some things never change!  We had a nice walk back to BART and home for me by 10:15 or so.  I talked to Alice, then went straight to bed.  Tomorrow morning I'm in San Ramon for their club racquetball tournament.

No comments:

Post a Comment