Day 1729

Sunday, October 8, 2017

I left San Francisco after getting my haircut from Ivy and spent the day organizing all my belongings underneath the crawl space.  We're doing a bulky pickup on Wednesday and getting rid of all kinds of things.  I don't have a lot of stuff down there, but it's enough.  Then in the evening, I went out for dinner at Shakewell with Howard Varinsky.  It's always great hearing his insights about the world and this country.  We spent a lot of time talking about Ken Burns's Vietnam War series.  To Howard, that war was the most profound event of his young life and it still riles him up when he talks about it.  That's when he learned never to trust the government.  We spent a couple of hours together.  It was a very enjoyable evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment