Day 577

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Busy day.  Woke up at 4:30, at the gym at 5.  Steve, Glenn and Brian showed up, so we played doubles, splitting a game each.  Brian and I are playing in the doubles tournament next week.  He's an incredible player, but sometimes puts too many shots in the floor.  He also has stamina issues; however, he should be ready by the 23rd.  We'll play a few more times next week.  Worked from 9-2 at Varinsky and 2:15-6 at Wendel, then played my finals match at Mariner Square against Ivan.  I arrived at 6:30, practiced for 30 minutes, then began our five-game match at 7:15.  We played until 8:30, going all five games.  I ending up on the winning side of the match, taking it 11-6, 9-11, 11-3, 10-12, 11-3.  Ivan's a great player, so it was a real accomplishment beating him in a match at his club.  I'm now the current champion at both Club One and Mariner Square.  That's sweet!  Came home at 10 and talked to Alice for 15 minutes before bed.  I'm going to be sore tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment