Day 566

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Today, we drove to Markerville, Alberta to visit with family members at Karen and Janet's house.  We were there from 3-9.  It was a treat visiting relatives I see perhaps once every three or four years, which is no where near often enough.  Many had seven children, the last being little Julia, who is only a few months old.  Mandy's husband last March and from what I've heard she has breast cancer which she isn't treating.  Oh dear.  Not happy situation for her or her children, yet she always smiles and looks on the brighter side of life. I hope she takes care of herself and does more than consult with her prayer group about her cancer.  When it rains it pours.

It was fun talking with Kathy and Jack about the past.  They have many stories to tell and remember the past with great detail.  I also enjoying seeing all three of my aunts in one place.  I haven't seen them together since Kimberley in 2009.

Little Julia

Cousin Mandy and her daughter Angelica

Auntie Kathy with Juila photo bombing us!

Aunties Karen and Heather

The Rock:  Jack Evens

Inside Karen and Janet's house

Kari, Ross and Karen
Kari's Daughter Kita

No comments:

Post a Comment