Day - 1012

Friday, March 19, 2021

Poker has such a rich, interesting vocabulary. It's a world all its own, and yet a wonderful metaphor to life itself. Variance, suck-outs, donks, big slick, hi-jack, under the gun, over pair, trips, set, backdoor flush, GTO, optimal play, turn, river, squeeze play, under pair, opened-ended draw, gut shot, so many funny sounding phrases that mean specific things in the poker world. Might be time to combine these two interests into something a little different from what's currently out there. The myth of poker is a master player who can read people and see through the cards being played, when in reality so much of a great poker player's decision making is based on math and game theory. The game has evolved and changed dramatically in the past few years. It's fun to get back into it and see what I can do with a nice bank roll. I never really had much of a bank roll ten years ago. I do now, so it will be interesting to see how much my bank roll can grow. If I study properly, I should crush the lower limit tables and work my way up to the larger games. I have two things on my side: patience and discipline. Three things: I don't drink.




No comments:

Post a Comment