Day - 1000

Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Another 1/4th of these journal entries and I'm done! That's just crazy. Had a fun second book club today on Mediocre, The Dangerous Legacy of White Male America, by Ijeoma Oluo. The introduction and conclusion were my favorite parts of the book. The first chapter on Buffalo Bill wasn't as interesting to me as the final chapter on the first owner of the Washington Redskins and some of the stories about the NFL. I found this book overshadowed by Isabel Wilkerson's Caste. Still, I enjoyed reading it an appreciated the insights made, based on so many generations of slavery, caste, inequality and the white male hierarchy. Richard, Lisa, Margaret and I had dinner at the Youngs' back yard and talked about the book before moving on to other topics, like the Madonna Inn and the June weekend we'll spend there! Exciting!



No comments:

Post a Comment