Day - 1239

Saturday, August 1, 2020

Chris and I knocked out two contest applications for Grandudes.  The first contest is the Cold Reading Series Vancouver, in which a 20-minute stretch of our script is read out loud by professional actors. We had a full script of our performed back in 2003 and it was wonderful.  That's how we met Fred.  Along with the Cold Reading Series, we also submitted to Netflix Canada.  We had to write a two-page treatment, which took most of the day.  It's painful writing these things.  Queries, treatments, synopses, etc. are necessary evils to getting work out.  I need to work on this skill.  I'm slow and bad at it.  

In the afternoon, I went to Glenn's to meet up with a few of my racquetball buddies.  We hung out at Glenn's backyard from 2 to 4:20.  It's possible we'll never play racquetball together again.  Glenn is going in for shoulder surgery on August 18, Ari is moving out of the area, and everyone is getting slower and fatter.  Glenn, Ari, Steve Basham, Jamil, Tiger, Xavier, and I were there.  We had a great talk about BLM, schools, tracking abilities at an early age, black engineering societies, The Color of Law, John Lewis, the orange cheeto in chief, and a few other things, all in about 70 minutes.  What a great group of guys.

After our gathering, I came home and revised our treatment for another two hours.  I met up with Chris again and we finalized our applications before sending them out.  It's nice to have that out of the way. 

Now that Grandudes is done, it's time to get my novels back on track:  Julia Milan, Zombie Cookies, and La Stravaganza.  Also time to bang out a couple of short stories.  I've love to have ten in circulation between now and December.

No comments:

Post a Comment