Day - 1265

Monday, July 6, 2020

Wow, what a busy day today, juggling work, meetings, phone calls, and Zoom meetings.  The most important meeting of the day was of course my and Chris's Zoom meeting with Fred.  We Zoomed at 1 and went over his comments and edits of Grandudes.  He didn't have much, aside from a few typos and a few scene suggestions.  He loves the script and has 12 contacts he's ready to send it to.  We'll go through one final draft before sending to Fred to send to his contacts.  How exciting to at least have the script land in readers' hands.  It's commercial and has a few laughs so who knows.  Big crap shoot but anything's possible.  Fred suggested removing the hockey scenes with the football scenes we had earlier.  We're transferring the text from Word to a screenwriting program called WriterDuet.  I'm playing around with the software now.  I like it.

I also spoke with Sophie Young, who read through Grandudes and gave me so many fantastic comments and suggestions.  She has a wonderful ear for language and really knows how kids talk these days.  I'll incorporate many of her suggestions into the script.  

Chris and I will go through the script again this Sunday.

Work was demanding today.  I'm hoping things will quiet down tomorrow.  Busy times.

No comments:

Post a Comment