Day - 1255

Thursday, July 16, 2020

Zoomed with Chris and Fred for two hours to hear Fred's notes on Grandudes.  Such a great list of edits.  We wrote them all down and will put them into the script tomorrow.  It's so nice to have this project behind us.  I love it!  Great script and so many fun lines and scenes.  I'm really happy with it.  It's been a full month of work.  

Zoomed with the Petty family immediately after our talk with Fred.  I have a few family members who support Trump and believe Covid-19 has been hyped up too much and isn't as big a threat as the media has made it out to be.  I believe one of my family members called Covid-19 the biggest frauds in history.  I asked where the evidence is to support his conclusions?  Maybe he'll send a link or two.  I won't hold my breath.  Was the 1918 influenza pandemic a hoax, too?  The things people say when the world has turned upside down.  I get it, things are falling apart and the future is uncertain, but let's not jump on the propaganda bandwagon and spread misinformation masquarading as evidence and facts.  Another famiy member said everyone's entitled to their own opinion and you can't prove who's right and who's wrong.  Yeah, wrong.  Actually, you can.  It's called critical thinking and the scientific method, running experiments to see what works and what doesn't, like wearing masks, social distancing and not interacting with people while the virus is circulating.  We had five months of data to study and various strategies that have been used by countries and states.  From all that data, we can come to some informed decisions.  Try explaining that, though, to folks after their third glass of wine.  In one ear, out the other.  I'll be ready next with a few more facts and figures at the ready if I hear more nonsense from the arm-chair Trump supporters.  The heat's increasing and I welcome it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment