Day - 1604

Monday, August 5, 2019

Packing up for our move from 25 to 24 for two months, then back up to 25 in November.  Even though I've only been at HB three years, I sure have accumulated all kinds of stuff that I don't really need.  And lots of books that I always keep close by like an enclosed fortress.  I have to get everything packed up and ready to go by Thursday afternoon.

I'm listening to Schumann's 4th Symphony with my part printed out.  This is a great great symphony.  Every movement is beautiful and exciting.  The conclusion is fabulous.  I've been listening to the original and revised version.  The revised is better because the 4th movement is so much more developed and exciting.  I do like the simplicity of the first three movements of the original, however.  The Eliot Gardner recording of the original version is really spectacular.


No comments:

Post a Comment