Day - 1933

Monday, September 10, 2018

Up at 6:30 for pickle ball at 7 on top of the ship with Susan, Jay, Tiger, Glenn, Mugs and Uncle Steve.  It wasn’t too windy in the morning and the sun was out.  The only issue was the wet court which was slippery.  Nearly everyone slipped and fell at least once.  Paddle ball ran from 7-8:30.  We played games to 7, then rotated in.  It was fun! 





Part of our wedding cruise package included breakfast for two in our suite.  Alice ate with her family, so Miles shared breakfast with me.  We had all kinds of delicious food: fresh fruit, an egg dish and bacon, bagel, cream cheese and smoked salmon, and champagne.  Breakfast arrived at 9.  Alice and her family arrived around 9:30.  She ate half a bagel with cream cheese.

Ross and Sydney stopped by.



There was still plenty of wedding cake so people had slices. The cribbage tournament got under way around noon.  Kara helped me run it, but I wasn’t as organized as I would have liked.  I was feeling tired and felt the need to push on throughout the day, conversing with my family and friends, knowing the day would pass any by tomorrow everyone would be on their way again.








That’s the strange thing about your own wedding…you’re at the center and know everyone in your party, but there’s too little time to fully embrace the entirety of the moment.  It’s just too massive, too overwhelming, so what you’re left with is a sort of randomized series of interactions with whoever may be near you at any given time.

I played one game of crib and lost against John by one point.  Ouch!  I tried to keep the tournament going, but there were too many distractions throughout the afternoon.  By dinner, with the tournament still going, it was hard to wrap it up.  John never played Neal, who he’d been waiting to play all afternoon.  It was a bit of a bust, unfortunately.  I had too many distractions and couldn't keep the thing going.  I also really needed was a nap, but that was out of the question.

Dinner was low key and quiet.  About 20 or so guests ate at specialty restaurants or some over venue.  Cappy and Melissa ate alone, so I sat with them during dinner.  It was so nice catching up with them.  Cappy had a nice bottle of wine that we enjoyed.


I was chatting so much I ran out of time to order dessert and my baked Alaska.  Alice and I needed to go to the photo department to pick up our photographs and review our wedding video.  It was stunning how good it was. Erick, the editor, did such a masterful job.  I was so impressed.

We spent nearly an hour at the photo department.  It took longer than I'd anticipated.  Unfortunately, our room was locked, so people who swung by didn't bother to return.  We arrived around 9 and had a small crowd gather until 11 or so.  Alice went to Skywalkers to dance and called me to join her.  I went up around 11:30 after chatting with the Young, Steve and Matt, and a few other people.  We danced at Skywalkers for 30 minutes, then came back to our suite around midnight.  I cleaned up a bit and started packing.  I had no energy left by 1 a.m., and went to sleep for a few hours, prepared to get up early to pack things up and meet everyone at the Wheelhouse bar by 7:45 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment