Day - 1903

Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Rehearsal went well tonight.  Only four more rehearsals.  I need another two weeks to get these notes in my head.  I still don't have this symphony locked in yet. 

Hurricane Michael nears category 5 status as it crosses the Florida panhandle, Georgia, South and North Carolina.  These catastrophes have become common place in an increasingly volatile, disruptive world.  It will only get worse, thanks to the denial of so many and a corporate world run wild.  Once everyone gets on board to do something it'll be too late. 

Our own looming natural disaster in SF will be the next big quake, whenever that will be, especially South of Market with all these high rises built on landfill.  I sure hope I’m not working in the city the day the next big one rumbles into town.  My building is on the list of buildings the NY Times mentioned that are not safe and adequately retrofitted to withstand a 7.0 earthquake.


No comments:

Post a Comment