Day - 1977

Saturday, July 28, 2018

We started our day at Fog City  Bakehouse on Grand (replacing La Parisienne) with chocolate croissants, then headed to Peet's for beverages at the newly remodeled Peet's on Lakeshore.  Amanda shared a story I just love.  When she and Jake first started dating at 16, she found him a bit reserved, shy and not very talkative around her family.  He was too inside his shell.  So she sat him down and gave him the bottom line.  She said, "Jake, if you want this to continue long term, you need to be more outgoing with my family.  You need to tell better stories."  I asked Jake if he knew what she meant when she said that to him.  He sort, "Not really, but over time I did."  Jake came through for Amanda.  He tells very good stories now!


We walked around the Grandlake farmer's market at 9:30, then at 10 we made our way to Shakewell for a very special brunch, Richard & Lisa's 30th wedding anniversary.  Margaret set up the brunch but wasn't able to attend (she was at a family reunion back east).  Along with Richard & Lisa and me and my guests were Miles, Mattie, and Annette.
 
Lisa and Mattie

Annette and Richard

Miles and Jake

Jake and Amanda

Shakewell appetizers
Non-stop appetizers came to the table, at least six total before we even ordered.  Champagne was also flowing.  It was such a wonderful celebration.  After brunch, we headed over to the Youngs backyard and had iced tea, listened to Richard and Miles play together, and digested our food while enjoying another perfect Oakland summer Saturday.  So nice!

Richard and Miles jamming in the back yard

Shakewell french toast

Around 1 or so, Amanda, Jake and I headed back to my place for a 30-minute nap, then made our way to SF for a Giants game against the Brewers.  The game was a blowout, 1-7 for the visiting team, but it's always fun to hang out at AT&T park.  Our seats were high above home plate, very pleasant.  I had a hot dog and kettle corn.  Unfortunately, during batting practice, while walking along Levis Landing, a ball hit deep into right field clipped my right elbow and ricocheted into nearby seats.  Damn that hurt like hell the rest of the day, so much so that I had to use my left hand to hold my cell phone, pay for food, pretty much everything.  Not fun.

At AT&T Park Saturday afternoon

No comments:

Post a Comment