Day - 1958

Thursday, August 16, 2018

Tomorrow's Friday already?  How is that possible?  This week has been relentless and today was the worst day of all.  I knew I'd be busy at work, but it came from all directions from 10-3, and I had a presentation to give at 3 that I hadn't even started until 9:30.  No lunch today, no breaks, no side tasks to complete, just work, and PowerPoint slides for the presentation I gave to the Trust & Estates group.  It went fine, but I wish I had more time to prepare.  At least I have a new set of presentation slides.

After work, I had my quarter- and semi-final doubles match with Tyrone.  We played George and Bert first and beat them 15-6, 15-8, then played Aaron and Roger in the semis.  We crushed them 15-6 in game one, but game two was different. They stepped up their game and Aaron was making some great serves.  We were down 8-14 when we took a timeout, plotted strategy, and somehow managed to rattle off 8 points in-a-row to take the game and the match.  It was a sweet come-from-behind victory.  We play David and Gary in the finals next Thursday.

Way past my bedtime to off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment