Day 1898

Sunday, March 25, 2018

Concert day.  I practiced most of the day before the concert at 4.  I could have used another month to practice the Strauss.  I arrived at the concert at 2:50, taking Lyft.  We warmed up and hit some spots from 3 to 3:40, then relaxed until the concert at 4. 

The Weber Overture der Freischutz began the program. I thought we did a good job, strong tempo, and I was able to hit most of the notes. 

The d'Albert Cello Concerto was next.  It sounded great and the soloist Isaac Pastor-Chermak did a fabulous job.  Unfortunately, in the second movement, the woodwinds were off a quarter step.  The audience wouldn't have noticed, but we did.

The Listz was fine, and the Strauss was a good as we'd played.  There were a couple spots I still didn't quite get.  It's such a tough piece.  I hope I'm able to play it again one day.





The concert ended at 5:30. We drove back to Richard & Lisa's, ordered Star Pizza and some salads, and watched Stormy Daniels on 60 Minutes.  It was underwhelming.  A lot of hype for not much substance, but we'll see how it plays out.  I stayed in Oakland tonight and Alice left around 9.  This coming week is going to be very busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment