Day 1863

Sunday, February 18, 2018

Watched The Phantom Thread at Santan Village today.  I really enjoyed this film and appreciated the ending, which I hadn't expected.  It felt true to life and certainly reflected the odd tendencies of the craziest couples among us.  Daniel Day Lewis was effortless to watch.  He's so good and enjoyable.  He owns whoever he plays.  I'd forgotten the film was directed by Paul Thomas Anderson.  This is his best film I think.  I really liked it a lot.


I saw Phantom Thread with mom and Don, the new guy mom's seeing.  We went to Gordon Biersch for lunch before the movie.  Don's a very nice family man whose wife died three years ago.  I'm glad mom is able to spend time with someone.  Anyone who appreciates this kind of film is all right with me.  It was a lovely afternoon.

Back at home, we had dinner, watched Olympic coverage, then called it a night, going to bed at 10:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment