Day - 579

Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Wow, played semi-final and final matches tonight at The Club, partnering up with Mike Cota. We beat Tom and Ivan in the semi's in one game to 15 (15-10) and met Tyrone and Fito in the finals in a three-game match to 15 with a tiebreaker to 11. The match went so long we finished a few minutes before the gym closed. We lost the first game 14-15, but came back in the second and won 15-10. We were down 4-8 in the tiebreaker, but somehow managed to score the next seven points and won the match 11-8. What a surprise and thrill, but it came at a cost. My right knee is throbbing right now. Mike Cota played phenomenally well. He has the ability to make incredible shots. I let him do his thing and took shot when I could. Fito's serves were hard to handle, but somehow I returned them and kept the number of mistakes to a minimum. What a match, one of the best I've had in years. This may be my swan song. I've really messed up my knee because of this match. Not good. Knees are important.



No comments:

Post a Comment