North Carolina Days

 December 3 - 13, 2021

Boarded my American Airlines flight to Charlotte, NC early in the a.m., flying 1st class there and back for not much more that economy.  At that age where it makes a big difference when flying coast-to-coast. 

Met Jill in Charlotte and we headed to our hotel for the night, just across the street from dinner at Dogwood: A Southern Table.



Everything was so good. We had a wonderful meal and chatted all night until it was time for bed. What a treat hanging out with my dear sister. 

Saturday morning we headed to Whispering Pines and for the rest of the week I stayed with Jill and Tom at their beautiful Christmas home. 


Hanging out with Alex and Hayden was so much fun. What great kids. 16 and 13, it's weird to think how long ago those ages were for me. But I remember them.  I don't miss them at all.  Love being a fun uncle. I never tire of that role.

with Alex (16)

with Hayden (13)

Trusty Buster

Alex's Orchesta Concert

Dining Out my last night in NC

Such an amazing week. And the best part is I was able to work my regular hours, give or take an hour here and there. This is my working life from now on, visiting family from all parts of the country without taking many vacation days. Gotta love it!





No comments:

Post a Comment