Day - 848

Monday, August 30, 2021

The day began innocently enough. Louanne and I walked to the ocean, stopping at Andytown for coffee on our way back. It was cool and cloudy. Before they left, we had egg mcmuffins and watermelon. I took a work call in the morning about a large mail merge project before seeing them off. The project then took on a life of its own, and by 3:30 p.m. I knew it was going to be a late night. The mail merge needed to be run tonight. There were 9 form file documents that needed to be assembled. The problem was the Excel data file was not yet complete. Other Excel documents needed to be brought in. Of course, each Excel document was different from the mail document. There were 151 names total in the mail Excel doc, but the names were different in the other spreadsheets. The data file was fully assembled until 9:30 p.m., and even then, there were inaccuracies. I didn't finish this project until 5 a.m. the next morning. It was ridiculous. I've never pulled an all-nighter at work before. I don't recommend them. 



No comments:

Post a Comment