Day 280

Monday, October 21, 2013

Woke up at 3:30, drove home, slept for 20 minutes, then hit the courts at 5.  Steve and I played against Glenn and Tiger and we whooped some a$$.  Then Aaron Kennedy played two games, which was great to see.  He didn't miss a beat.

Went home, tidied up and hit the writing for a few hours.  Now that I'm working for Varinsky Associates for a few hours each day, my productivity has really taken a hit, but I'm determined to get True Colors on paper by November.  The story is coming along.  I'm trying to keep the thing moving quickly and kid-friendly.   I'm also eager to get the book done so I can work on Intervention Island again.

I've been thinking of a new novel for young adult readers that focuses on Hillary Clinton's presidential run in 2016.  I'm kicking around some ideas.  Martin Martinez may have been something of a background book for another novel.  Clinton's run, which I believe is inevitable, will gather momentum in the summer and fall of 2015.  It would be great to have a novel ready to go for submission by the summer of 2014.

My Brother Laser printer arrived tonight.  I love it.  I'm putting all my novels and screenplays and putting them in white binders.  I've been meaning to do that but haven't gotten around to it until now.  I don't have hard copies of anything, but it's nice to see a shelf of work.  Things like that motivate me.  I need to find it wherever I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment